Friday, December 7, 2012

How Internet Insurance Leads Have Changed My Agency For the Better


The days of waiting for referrals to spring up or for walk-ins to appear in my office are over. Best of all, cold calling has gone the way of the dinosaur. When I started in financial services, I would cold call 5-8 hours per day and get my butt kicked all day long by people.

Since I started in 1996, the lead world has changed dramatically for the better. With the advent of the internet, lead aggregation sites can generate a continuous flow of leads for my property and casually insurance agency.

I can tell the lead provider the hours I want leads, the zip codes I want to target, and the type of client I want to speak with. I can download the leads into my contact management software and effectively drip on my unclosed leads. Often, the lead providers will follow up immediately with an email introducing my agency to the prospective client.

The beauty of internet insurance leads is that there is an immediate need and a commitment from the prospect to accept a call from the agent. In the old days, I would get 45 rejections for every 5 warm leads, and maybe 1 appointment, if I was lucky.

My strategy was to choose one of the newer lead providers that was started by insurance agents. I find that they give me plenty of leads for my targeted areas and I am not bumping into other agents that utilize the larger lead providers. I can't utilize all the leads anyways, so why go with the industry giant.

Another factor that was important to me was to go with an insurance leads vendor that was not going to nickel and dime me for bad leads. I have been very pleased with the return policy and find the prospects know that I will be calling them.

I use internet auto insurance leads and take about 10 per day for my agency. I find that it has been a tremendous tool for recruiting other agents and scaling my insurance agency. Currently, I am investigating insurance agency lead management software systems to better track my closed and outstanding leads. Many agents just throw away the unclosed leads, but I find that if you drip on these prospects they often convert 6-12 months later when their existing agent provides poor service.

Even at a 10-15% close ratio, my agency will be one of the top new producers for auto insurance in my state of business over the next twelve months.

It is not often that business gets easier over time, but auto insurance leads have transformed my business in short order.

Where Can I Get Direct Mail Final Expense Leads   How to Become an Insurance Adjuster   Five Insurance Discounts You Should Know About   What Is Agent of Record Status?   Preparing an Insurance Agency for Sale   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。